General Return Policy
Unless otherwise stated, Albany Distributing accepts returns within 30 days of the invoice date. All returns require an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number, which is valid for 30 days of issue date and can be obtained by emailing [email protected] RMA numbers must be displayed clearly on the outside of the shipping box.
Do not write on or mark the product box itself or use the product box as a shipping box as doing so is considered defacing the product rendering it unsellable and the return will be refused.
Returns received without a valid RMA number risk being refused, or if accepted, will incur a 20% restocking fee. After the 30 day return period, the customer must contact the product manufacturer for warranty replacement and/or repair.
All returns must be in original packaging and include all accessories from the original shipment (i.e. manuals, warranties, security seals, etc.). Incomplete returns risk being refused, or if accepted, will incur a 50% restocking fee.
All returned products are inspected and can take 3 to 5 business days to be processed and refunded. A refund confirmation will be sent to the customer via email.
If a customer or shipping addressee receives a package damaged in transit; they must report the damaged shipment to [email protected] within 48 hours of delivery. Albany Distributing will file a claim with the shipping carrier. All shipping cartons, inner packing and contents should be retained in the same condition received and held for inspection by the carrier.
Replacement orders and shipping charges must be paid by the customer. A full refund will be issued to the customer upon receipt of carrier’s refund to Albany Distributing. Shipping addressee must inspect orders shipped via freight truck line for shipping damages prior to accepting delivery.
Non-defective products are eligible for return, up to 30 days from Albany Distributing invoice date, unless otherwise noted. Albany Distributing will issue a refund valued at the original invoice price, less original shipping costs and a 20% restocking fee upon receipt of return, the customer is responsible for shipping non-defective returns to Albany Distributing.
Defective products may be returned to Albany Distributing within 30 days of Albany Distributing invoice date, unless otherwise noted. Please note, not all returned products are actually defective once tested. If it is determined the product is not defective, the customer may incur a 20% restocking fee for non-defective returns. Therefore, customers should make every reasonable effort to troubleshoot any potential problems. This is especially true for Albany Distributing’s Plantronics reseller partners. Please refer to Albany Distributing’s Plantronics Selling Policies for more information.
After the 30 day return period, the customer must contact the product manufacturer for warranty replacement and/or repair.
Restrictions on Certain Returns
- Opened software, media, games, and game consoles may only be returned for a replacement of the exact same product. If the same product is not available, please consult the manufacturer for replacement.
- Plantronics: Refer to Albany Distributing’s Plantronics Selling Policies.
- Sony: Due to changes in Sony’s policies, Albany Distributing can no longer accept returns on Sony products. Please contact the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement.
- JVC: No returns for refunds on color television, VCR, DVD, or camcorder. Please contact the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement (800-537-5722).
- Panasonic: Albany Distributing does not accept returns on Panasonic products, such as, video, DVD, portable DVD, LCD, plasma, color television, fax, or camcorders. Please contact the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement (800-211-PANA).
- Toshiba: No returns for refund for TV, LCD TV, Plasma, DVD, portable DVD, VCR, DVD recorders, home theater in a box, TV/VCR or TV/DVD. Please contact the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement (800-631-3811).
- Oversized Items: Most oversize items such as TVs 27 inches and larger and refrigerators may ship via freight truck lines. Customers are urged to carefully inspect all items prior to accepting delivery. If any damages are found upon inspection, the customer must refuse shipment as returns due to damage will not be accepted after delivery.