Security of Personal Information
We employ data encryption technology in all areas of the site which require you to provide your personal or sensitive information. These include online ordering, order status, credit application and electronic payment services. This is done to protect you from unauthorized use of the information you are sending to our server. In addition, in order to maintain the high level of security with the credit card information you have provided or may provide in the future to Albany Distributing, Albany Distributing has engaged the services of First Data Global Gateway. First Data Global Gateway is a third party credit card processing company with security measures that have met the standards set by the Visa USA Payment Card Industry (PCI) Risk & Compliance group.
In addition to personal information provided for doing business online at http://www.albanydistributing.com you may provide financial information to us for the purpose of extending credit to you. This data is only used to evaluate your credit worthiness and is reviewed periodically as long as your account is active. It is shared with financial institutions as a normal course of doing business. Your account status and payment history are also reported to various credit reporting agencies.
We do not sell our customer information to any of our business partners for any reason including the purpose of soliciting business from you.
The site contains links to other web sites that Albany Distributing is not responsible for content or privacy practices on those third party web sites. You may wish to review their respective privacy policies, as well. This Web Site Privacy was last updated on June 12, 2011. We reserve the right to modify this policy statement at any time in which case a notice will be posted on our site whenever this privacy statement is changed in a material way. We welcome your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy; please contact us by e-mail at: email@example.com.
How we may share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our Terms and Conditions
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Albany Distributing will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
How you can restrict Albany Distributing from sharing your personal information
Federal and state laws allow you to restrict the sharing of your personal information in certain cases. However, these laws also state that you cannot restrict other types of sharing. Because we have chosen to refrain from certain types of data sharing, the only types of sharing of your personal information that you may restrict is as follows:
If you do not want Albany Distributing to share your personal information with companies that we partner with for the purpose of marketing their products, please contact Albany Distributing's Customer Advocate Team at 1-800-296-0820.